Author Topic: Partial or temporary cures  (Read 682 times)

starburst

Partial or temporary cures
« on: July 05, 2020, 09:32:47 PM »
Since full cures are not common, it might be helpful for us to share any partial improvements.
We can then extract any commonalities and potential treatments from these partial/temporary cures.

What is the highest pleasure you have attained since you started to have sexual anhedonia (on a scale of 1-10)? And what do you think might have contributed to the temporary improvement?

starburst

Re: Partial or temporary cures
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 09:34:23 PM »
For me, I had 2 normal orgasms (both in the same month) since I got this condition. One was a 7 and the other was an 8, where an 8 is what I would consider a normal orgasm. However, since then (5 years), I have only had two level-3 orgasms.
Interesting thing is that, in both of these normal experiences minimal tactile stimulation was involved. Instead, I was absorbed in intense fantasy, and didn't begin light genital stimulation until I reached a certain arousal threshold. It seems that the pudendal nerve and other peripheral nerves are not sending the right signals that the brain is expecting and I have to bypass that neural path. This also means that I probably still have a latent ability to have an orgasm (an MRI confirmed that there is no abnormality in the brain), but that something is blocking it. But maybe if I can manage to reach a certain arousal level, a normal orgasm would occur.

Would like to hear from others.

gdop

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 05:23:05 PM »
To the second question, had one strange "normal" orgasm since my twelves (now in my mid forties), a 6 maybe. Normal sex with my then girlfriend. Could'nt find the reason.

xduskyx99

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 04:33:30 AM »
For me, I had 2 normal orgasms (both in the same month) since I got this condition. One was a 7 and the other was an 8, where an 8 is what I would consider a normal orgasm. However, since then (5 years), I have only had two level-3 orgasms.
Interesting thing is that, in both of these normal experiences minimal tactile stimulation was involved. Instead, I was absorbed in intense fantasy, and didn't begin light genital stimulation until I reached a certain arousal threshold. It seems that the pudendal nerve and other peripheral nerves are not sending the right signals that the brain is expecting and I have to bypass that neural path. This also means that I probably still have a latent ability to have an orgasm (an MRI confirmed that there is no abnormality in the brain), but that something is blocking it. But maybe if I can manage to reach a certain arousal level, a normal orgasm would occur.

Would like to hear from others.

I also believe that this condition in most cases is a result of hypoactive arousal disorder rather than any physical abnormality. The pleasure center for sex begins in the brain which is enhanced by physical touch, but if arousal is absent then the body still finds a way to ejaculate in response to physical stimulation.

I'm curious to know, do sexually normal men feel pleasure when physically stimulated even in the complete absence of mental arousal?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 04:36:17 AM by xduskyx99 »