Author Topic: Complete lack of arousal linked to ejaculatory anhedonia  (Read 543 times)

xduskyx99

Complete lack of arousal linked to ejaculatory anhedonia
« on: October 04, 2019, 11:34:38 AM »
I'm one of the few that experiences no sexual pleasure or orgasms and I ejaculate with no sensation. In my case I think there's something wrong with my brain in that I don't get truly aroused, despite getting hard erections. For example I can remember being about ten years old and taking a picture with a neighbor, a girl around my age. I remember hugging her for the picture and feeling a tingly sensation through my body, it was like electricity. It felt extremely pleasurable and I just wanted to keep hugging her. I'm guessing this is what true arousal feels like? Sadly this is my only memory of ever feeling "turned on", ever since puberty it's like that part of my brain is turned off. It's like a person losing their taste buds so food is no longer pleasurable. Does anyone experience sexual anhedonia AND still experiences arousal with that electric feeling? Is that electric feeling that I'm describing what true arousal feels like in most people?

I'm going off on a tangent now but I'm trying to get an idea of what sexual pleasure feels like in most men, and how much of it is in the brain vs the penis itself. This is because for a long time I thought there might be nerve damage to my penis, but actually the glans of my penis is very sensitive to touch so the nerves must be working, the sensation just doesn't translate to pleasure.

I read an article about what sex feels like for men and this is the comment that got me wondering:

‘The weird part is, the penis doesn’t really “absorb” the feeling. It’s your head/brain that starts rushing.’

So to sum up this post my main questions are is that electric sensation I'm describing what arousal feels like to most men? And how much of sexual pleasure occurs in the brain vs the penis for normal men?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 11:45:58 AM by xduskyx99 »

gdop

Re: Complete lack of arousal linked to ejaculatory anhedonia
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 07:03:32 AM »
More or less the same here, but I always had some erection problems. Never had arousal sensation, even when I was deeply in love with a girl.

xduskyx99

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 05:55:26 AM »
I also had erection problems until I started taking zinc and other supplements. Have you ever had orgasms though? Do you feel any build-up during masturbation/sex?

Not sure if it's related by I barely have any facial hair at age 29, though genetically my dad has a full beard. I've had a few blood tests and my testosterone is above average though.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 06:03:27 AM by xduskyx99 »

gdop

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 06:19:41 AM »
I (think) had some orgasms when I was a boy, when I started masturbating, and I *think* I had ONE in my forties.
I use to had some buildup but now its more or less gone.

I had facial hair since I was a teenager, but testosterone a bit low.

xduskyx99

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 03:47:25 PM »
So you still masturbate though and ejaculate with no sensation? For me ejaculation is zero sensation.

gdop

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2019, 05:55:00 AM »
That's right. masturbation or with a partner, same depressing result.

xduskyx99

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2019, 07:33:27 PM »
That's right. masturbation or with a partner, same depressing result.

So just to clarify, you also feel zero pleasure during ejaculation and also zero pleasurable sensation during the build-up? But you did experience it in the past?

gdop

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2019, 05:06:08 AM »
Zero pleasure during ejaculation and buildup, many years ago I use to feel some pleasure during buildup, but now it is also gone (I am in my fifties).