Author Topic: Anyone have any theory or input to help given my blood results?  (Read 343 times)

levelergreen

I just did a blood test and here are the results

FreeTestosterone: 240 (170 - 700 pmol/l)
Androstenedion: 5.3 (- 9.6 nmol/l)
Albumin: 41.5 (35.0 - 52.0 g/l)
bio-available Testosterone: 5.44 (4.00 - 20.00 nmol/l)
DHEAS: 7.8 (4.34 - 12.2 ?mol/l)
Estradiol: 69.0 (< 55 - 116 pmol/l)
LH/FSH Quotient: 1.6 (- 2)
Testosterone (Beckman): 21.2 (6.9 - 23.6 nmol/l)
FSH (Beckman): 5.0 (1.3 - 19.3 U/l)
LH (Beckman): 7.9 (1.2 - 8.6 U/l)
SHBG (Beckman): 82.0 (13.3 - 89.5 nmol/l)
free Androgen Index: 25.85 (31 - 116)

This is the first time I test all these sex hormones. I believe I am experiencing anhedonia for the past two years in a much more extreme form than in earlier years. I am 32. Does anyone have any theories about the relationship between my symptoms and these results?

My symptoms are that I have no sex drive, only occasionally do I wake up with wood, no spontaneous wood during the day. When I masturbate, I do feel orgasms, that vary in intensity from 2 to 7 on a good day. My sperm has changed form too in the last two years, becoming more liquid and having less total volume. I believe I have some sort of social anhedonia: I don't feel like interacting, and people interest me less and less. I don't have lack of motivation, as I work a lot in a field that pays me well and I keep rising and it is interesting, and I spend my evenings studying new things. But a romantic relationship seems impossible right now, both because of my lack of mental interest, and because I wouldn't even feel like doing the things you do when you like someone, like sex, or having an love connection.

muffslayer

Re: Anyone have any theory or input to help given my blood results?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 04:55:06 AM »
Just throwing this out there, I'm not trying to derail your thread, I hope someone can answer you.

But I not sure how much our condition has to do with hormones. Embarrassingly to say I started masturbating at a very young age of 5 years old, and use to do it daily until the age of 16. I remember I use to have dry orgasms all the time, I wasn't able to ejaculate until very later on. I also hit puberty really late, last one to grow hair on my legs, never grew a proper snail trail, still don't have a full grown beard (on my cheeks), I'm 31 btw, and most of my body hair and beard was facilitated by minoxidil because I hated being baby faced. Only since 2016 I've been able to grow a semi decent beard that makes me look like a man, but up until 2015 when I was 27, you could have mistaken me for an 18 year old.

So I could definitely see how hormones may play a part, as early masturbation has stunted my puberty, and thus may be a cause of EA.

However this doesn't explain how a 5 year old onwards could experience multiple dry orgasms, as their hormone profile would not be anyway near to a healthy teenager going through puberty or a healthy man.

i.e. How much did hormones really play, when I was masturbating at 5 years old and having dry orgasms?

Then again they might have because I never went through puberty properly. So maybe my orgasms were using a certain hormone up that was needed for proper puberty.

I will say taking pregnenolone gave me some pleasurable sensations back, and I do believe I suffer from some type of adrenal fatigue. However I can't take pregnenolone cause it worsens my peyronies.

The biggest connection I've found recently is NAC. Even after years of covering all my vitamins/minerals with good quality supplements and doses, along with taking gingko, ginger, pycnogenel, sea buckthorn oil. I've never been able to cure my OCD, Anhedonia, or Ejaculatory Anhedonia.

Since taking the combo on NAC+Sarcosine, I've had dramatic changes in my Anhedonia and Drive.

I would recommend just trying NAC in 2400mg+ doses, and see if it makes a different to your societal anhedonia.

The thing with NAC is it practically helps all mental conditions, whichever one you personally suffer from.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/heal-your-brain/201810/nac-the-amino-acid-turns-psychiatry-its-head

The intriguing thing about NAC to me is that it’s of great interest to neuroscience researchers. There have been many studies of this compound, including neuroimaging studies, and it has been investigated in innumerable disorders—depression, bipolar disorder, OCD, PTSD, schizophrenia, addiction, eating disorders, Alzheimer’s disease, and addiction (Berk). NAC also has established medical uses as an anti-inflammatory medicine in cases of acetaminophen overdose in preventing liver failure. Clinical trials have been promising in many (but not all) disorders where it has been studied (Berk). Clearly, there’s a need for more research studies, both more clinical trials in different disorders, and more basic research to see how NAC works in the brain.

Why does NAC help many people with psychiatric diagnoses? Why does it work across so many conditions? This is the intriguing thing, in my eyes. Are its benefits a result of its anti-inflammatory effects?  Or some other mechanism? On a clinical level, in day-to-day work with patients, NAC seems to help with ruminations, with difficult-to-control extreme negative self-thoughts. Such thoughts are common in depression and anxiety disorders, and also in eating disorders, schizophrenia, OCD, etc. etc. I’ve seen it help patients with such disorders when many other things, medicines or psychotherapies, have not helped much.

Anyway not trying to derail your thread. I just now think orgasm is less to do with hormones, and put my reasonings why. I could be completely wrong.

levelergreen

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 03:06:27 PM »
I had never heard of NAC. However, I have a quite different story and characteristics from you.

From 17 to 31, I was almost always in a big loving rewarding relationship. There were three in that span. And being that close, I actually didn't feel this physical anhedonia that much. I always did when I broke up, but always explained it away as being because of the breakup. And when I would start seeing someone else, I would always have trouble in the beginning with sex, because I simply wasn't feeling the drive. I would always have the story, which I believed, about not being over the previous relationship. And with more time, and more emotional depth with the person, I would be able to perform again. This started to change like two or three years ago, because now I just don't have any drive at all, and for the first time in my adult life I am actually single and planning on staying that way. I would love to see people, but not get too deep. But now the anhedonia and lack of libido shows itself very clearly, to the point where now I don't even seek out women. Which is a shame, because I'm considered a pretty attractive guy and could easily bed many of them.

But the weird thing is that every once in a while, for a period, my sex drive comes back; the feeling comes back; the quality of orgasm comes back to normal, to these intense deep orgasms, and I feel different.

I think of hormones because I have Hashimoto's, and I am in the process of trying to bring that into remission, meaning normalizing the thyroid related antibodies in my blood.

My next step is going to be to try low dose naltrexone, in a few days it arrives.

muffslayer

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 02:09:19 AM »
I always wanted to try naltrexone, but wasn't able to get it.

I too have never heard of NAC and it's benefits until recently. I will say though, I've been waking up with morning wood constantly since upping my dose. And erection hardness is harder.

https://area1255.blogspot.com/2015/01/how-to-upregulate-nmda-receptors-and.html

Treatment of OCD; Obsessive-Compulsive-Disorder (!) (!)
Treatment of Schizophrenia, and psychotic symptoms induced by low glutamate levels(!) (!).
Regulating dopamine, and potentiating hypothalamic activity - helping to treat infertility, low libido and sexual dysfunctions in both men and women(!)  (!) (!).
Increased fear-learning and long-term consolidation of fear-memory, including fear extinction ; thus adapting to fears and learning to face them better, and more naturally (!) (!).
Decreased anxiety and incidences of depression in some individuals.
Less paranoia, and increased sociability due to increased oxytocin by the glutamate NMDA-channel opening and subsequent interactions between calcium channels and nitric oxide.
Increased vasodilation and workout performance, enhanced nitric oxide levels.(!) (!)
Alleviation of long-term memory issues and active memory disruption.(!) (!)
Restoration of ejaculation process in men(!).

If you click that link above. Then go on this site and click the ! for the URL to the study.

After years of taking a range of supplements and drugs to find a cure with no improvement, I have renewed hope. But time will tell.

I wish you the best on your journey.