Author Topic: Very likely Cure found! Do you suffer from OCD or similar symptoms at all?  (Read 652 times)

muffslayer

https://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/74232-nac-for-ocd-unexpected-side-effects/?p=877736

After incredible difficulty dealing with OCD (nearly purely obsessional) I began trying supplements such as inositol, ashwaghanda, and curcumin and while they seemed to help, they didn't seem to help very much with OCD (more so with my mood) and when they did help they did so sporadically. SRI's were not an option as they inflamed my Bipolar symptoms and led to instability (although inositol did not).

So after reading about Memantine (from this forum, actually) I became obsessed with finding effective glutamate modulators.

I researched about it and because I was unable to acquire Memantine, I obtained NAC. The first time I only took it for a month and noticed no improvement (no worsening either) However I became impatient and used my money instead on Inositol (as it did help my well being).

Anyways, after reading over and over that NAC took about 3 months to work in multiple types of illnesses (COPD, OCD, trichotillomania) I decided that there was more to the anecdotal reports of people finding effects within days, weeks.

So again I began taking NAC (1200mg x2). Again there was no worsening, nor benefit for the first month but when the trial neared two months I began noticing it was much easier to un-glue myself from my obsessions and my doubt decreased. However, there were also unexpected side effects I definitely did not expect!

I have a very poor sense of smell/taste, I can eat anything at all, and sadly for my girlfriend I don't appreciate her cooking as much as she'd like. However, during this same period that my OCD symptoms began to reduce, my smell/taste and also touch began to markedly improve. Suddenly I started being picky about foods, and foods that tasted good before tasted incredible!

At this same time I ended a four year long record of anorgasmia. Something about a psychotic/manic episode (and subsequent dissociative depression) led to me being unable to experience orgasm. Perhaps there was another cause? I could still have sex and even ejaculate but as far as experiencing an orgasm I had been deprived for very long time.

Anyways, during this improvement of ocd, and betterment of senses, i could orgasm again and even now that improvement persists.

There were some unpleasant side effects as well. about 4-7 days after this sudden improvement I also began to feel somewhat cognitively dull. Having OCD and wanting to be better I sometimes spent 8 hours a day researching online, trying to find solutions. I found that once the symptoms had improved I could not maintain that kind of focus, reading scientific papers of which I had to do multiple searches to even understand became very difficult. I became sleepy, my drive to research very blunted.

Caffeine seemed to work very little and not for very long, for some reason Cannabis ameliorated this fog better than caffeine. However Cannabis also makes me sleepy afterwards...heh

Little later I was able to get my hands on some Sarcosine and though i'm not sure it was coincidence or not, Sarcosine helped rid of the fogginess without affecting any of the other improvements and also appears to magnify the improvements for OCD on NAC. There is likely something to it as I had been a foggy state for about 2 weeks and since i took sarcosine the fogginess has disappeared for the past week i've been taking it (700-2100mg)

This could all be coincidence unrelated to NAC, there have been times where my smell/taste improved but never for this long. There was one occassion when I had an orgasm about 1.5 years ago but it did not repeat.

Really not sure glutamate would relate to that...Nonetheless...very interesting were there a connection.

Also another post by him 2 days before he created that thread:

I'm actually trying out NAC and Sarcosine together and it would seem that after 2.3 months on NAC and one week on Sarcosine my OCD is reduced 85-95% (subjectively lol).

I actually started taking 500mg NAC & 500mg Sarcosine from Profrontal.com to see if it helped me with my general anhedonia and orgasm.

I did experience a 2 out of 10 mini orgasm around 2 weeks ago when being pegged by my wife which I think is related to these 2 new additions (though I've been messing with my own sexual restore orgasm self hypnosis tapes on and off, but I don't think it had anything to do with that). Just so you can compare, my orgasms have been 0 out of 10 for 15 years now (including when being pegged), though I've had the very rare occasion of a mini 2 out of 10 orgasm no more than 3 or 4 times in 15 years of suffering from ejaculatory anhedonia.

But get this. I've been covering my Vitamins & Minerals for awhile now (though I only recently added Vitamin D, A, and K in the last 3 months, which has had no effect on orgasm).

Now only a month or 2 ago, I started taking 500mg Sarcosine & NAC. And let me tell you, my general anhedonia (boredom for life) and motivation for life has significantly been changing. The only reason I didn't go with the recommended higher doses by profrontal is because I would get irritable.

Now high doses of sarcosine has been associated with irratibility. But I only recently learnt NAC helps reduce irritability in autism. So I took 2500mg yesterday (5 pills), and had no out of control irritability.

Anyway my experiences of 500mg NAC & 500mg Sarcosine once a day in the morning for the last couple of months are:

1. Motivation Power! This is hands down the best combo for motivation I've ever tried out of taking 100's of supplements over the last 15 years. I just get on with things and am way more productive in my life. This stack definitely makes work mentally easier, you just have the drive like no other. Also it doesn't give me brain fog either.

2. Anhedonia. I will say I do feel more. I'm more happy and perky so to speak. More excited about things. I think it does work. But I find it very hard to distinguish unless I really reflect between my emotional and lack of emotional states.

2a. I will actually say it does work for anhedonia. Because I recently took a break because of a side effect I was getting, and I started googling/youtubing stuff like bored of life (lol), but now I'm back on it, I don't have that, I've got things I need to get on with and want to get on with, and I also think music is more enjoyable now.

3. I'll mention the side effect I had and why I came off it for a couple of weeks and only recently came back on. I went to the hairdressers, and I just couldn't shut up, but I also couldn't recognize I couldn't shut up. I just went from subject to subject to subject, videos games, tasty food I had recently, the gym, all sorts of subjects. Only when I got high that night did I recognize my yapper. So I took a couple of weeks break, and I sure came down to my normal anhedonic/self.

4. Caffeine from coke. I've been drinking Coke Cherry as a way to supercharge my productivity for my work with this combo (NAC & sarcosine), and it really works. So much energy and motivation, so much work I've gotten done. I actually think this caffeine addition was the thing that pushed me over the talking too much edge, because since being back on the combo I've moved house and have no cokes in my fridge (thus 0 caffeine intake), and I'm in much more control of my yapper with people. But if you want super motivation (caffeine + sarcosine + NAC) will give you so much mental energy, you can work all day and get so much done.

5. Same with the OP, I've had change in taste. For example some food tastes freaking amazing, and some food I stop eating and put back or throw away. Yesterday it was half an eaten Aldi pepperami, just an hour ago it was a half eaten packet of Walkers BBQ Pulled Pork crisps. If it doesn't taste good to me now, I don't continue eating it. Whereas before I would have probably finished it to not waste food. On the other side, some food just taste freaking amazing, I don't overeat it or anything, just that now if it's a good meal, I really enjoy the flavours.

6. I think I've felt a bit more in control of my OCD. But you noticed it after 2 months, I've just hit that point, and my doses are lower than yours. But I do feel my OCD may be improving.

7. I think falling a sleep is easier.

And I can say taking years of vitamins/minerals, with additions like gingko, ginger, zinc, borage oil, pycnogenol daily have done nothing for my general anhedonia/motivation in life, until I added NAC/Sarcosine the last couple of months.

Also I've experienced the same experiences as the OP when it comes to food. Some food tastes pretty amazing, and others I chuck away/put back if I'm not enjoying it. This is very noticeable.

I suffer from OCD too just like the op did, and ejaculatory anhedonia just like the op did, and have been recently taking NAC just like the op and have since had a change in some food tasting great just like the op, very uncanny.

Now here's where it gets even more interesting:

Results:
The rate of sexual dysfunction (SD) was determined in 65.4% of OCD patients and 28.3% of the control group. While anorgasmia was the most reported complaint in females with OCD (51.2 %), hypoactive sexual desire was the most reported in males with OCD (18.2 %). ASEX scores of sexual desire, excitement, vaginal lubrication, orgasm and orgasmic satisfaction were found to be significantly higher in females with OCD compared to healthy subjects.While erectile dysfunction was found significantly higher in healthy males compared to OCD patients, no significant difference was found between the two groups for other sexual functions.

Now I'm not a woman, but 51.2% is a huge number! And I'm assuming there may be a significant correlation between OCD and anorgasmia/ejaculatory anhedonia in men with OCD.

But lets look at that OPs posts again:

Little later I was able to get my hands on some Sarcosine and though i'm not sure it was coincidence or not, Sarcosine helped rid of the fogginess without affecting any of the other improvements and also appears to magnify the improvements for OCD on NAC.

I'm actually trying out NAC and Sarcosine together and it would seem that after 2.3 months on NAC and one week on Sarcosine my OCD is reduced 85-95% (subjectively lol).

The great thing about the OP, is he cured 85-95% of his OCD (subjectively) and fully cured his ejaculatory anhedonia, in 2.3 months just on NAC (2 x 1200mg), and only added Sarcosine afterward.

So NAC is the big player here. And large doses can be tolerated without becoming super irritable unlike higher doses of Sarcosine.

Now look at even more connections God has led me to on this. I just found this an hour ago by googling orgasm site:iherb.com : https://www.iherb.com/r/Twinlab-L-Histidine-500-mg-60-Tablets-Discontinued-Item/2348

helps achieve orgasm if you are on anti-depressant like Prozac Posted on October 29 2011 |  Verified Purchase

I take Prozac which is a fantastic antidepressant but the side effect is that although I get erection, I cannot achieve orgasm, probably due to low levels of histamine. I take one tablet of L-Histidine 30 mins before sex and the problem is resolved. For boost in the erection department, I combine it with a few capsules of ginkgo biloba which seems to help slightly with erection and somehow mitigate the anorgasmia side effect of prozac. The main help for achieving orgasm is L-Histidine though not the ginkgo.

Now I'm not sure he's talking about ejaculation when he says cannot achieve orgasm, or he means ejaculatory anhedonia. But l-histidine seems to help cure his anorgasmia from prozac if he takes one pill 30 mins before sex.

But why it's interesting, is wasn't one of the possible cures on this forum long ago Royal Jelly or pollen? I'm pretty sure those substances have something to do with increasing histamine.

But wait there's more!

So I google hitamine and OCD, and get this:

https://news.yale.edu/2017/06/05/tourette-tics-vanish-mice-treated-histamine

Tourette-like tics vanish in mice treated with histamine | YaleNews
5 Jun 2017 - Histamine's role in immunological reactions such as allergies has been intensively studied, but in recent years the neurotransmitter histamine in the brain has been linked to a variety of conditions, such as Parkinson's, multiple sclerosis, autism and obsessive compulsive disorder, as well as Tourette syndrome.

So lets summarize the connections:

1. 51.2% of Women with OCD suffer from anorgasmia (in that study)

2. OP cures his OCD (85-95%) and his 4 year ejaculatory anhedonia in 2.3 months of taking 2 x 1200mg of NAC a day (though I'm not sure if he means 2 pills at the same time, or one in the morning and one later on).

3. Another person cured his inability to orgasm on Prozac by taking 1 x 500mg l-histidine 30 minutes before sex.

4. Mice treated with histamine have their Tourette-like tics vanish. Histamine in the brain has been linked to a variety of conditions, such as Parkinson's, multiple sclerosis, autism and obsessive compulsive disorder, as well as Tourette syndrome.

5. A possible cure on this forum a while back was royal jelly and maybe eating pollen. Both which are related to histamine.

6. I can say after years of having a stable daily supplement regime of vitamins/minerals + gingko, ginger, borage oil. I've seen no effect on orgasm or general anhedonia (lack of pleasure in life) or motivation. However I can clearly see a difference in my anhedonia and motivation and the taste of certains food/meals since taking 500mg of NAC & Sarcosine the last 2 months. And I experienced a 2 out of 10 orgasm a couple weeks ago, but no more since.

So whats the action plan for me, and possibly others?

1. Make sure I cover my vitamins/minerals as I currently do in my stack.

2. Increase my NAC does from 500mg to 2500-5000mg. Keep Sarcosine at 500mg (one pill a day) still.

3. Buy some l-histidine powder and experiment with this also.

I got 100g of NAC from Amazon UK today for £9.99, but have yet to taste/test it. Cause NAC tastes like very sour sweets from what I read, and I also opened my profrontal 500mg capsule to test this and it's true (just like very sour sweets). However some reviews on Amazon said the powder taste changed in different batches, so I need to test this.

Since only learning about histidine/histamine, I need to order some l-histidine powder from Amazon, which should come in a couple of days. I can get 100g for £19.99.

I assume a teaspoon is roughly 5g, and half a teaspoon is 2.5g. Regardless, I'll try a teaspoon of NAC with my normal supplement stack in the morning, and if I can tolerate it, continue it for 3 months to see if I restore orgasm.

With l-histidine I'll start at lower doses and make my way up, as I do get allergies, mainly from smoking.

But all in all, we have one anecdotal report who only mentions 2400mg of NAC in 2.3 months cured him of 4 years of no orgasm, so we can assume he may not have been taking anything else, and it may be possible just to take high doses of NAC to be cured.

And from my own experience, even with years of a very well rounded and daily good dose supplement regime with some additions (gingko, pycnogenol, liquid magnesium, ginger, borage oil). I have never seen improvement in my orgasm, motivation, or anhedonia. Only since taking 500mg of NAC & Sarcosine, have I seen significant improvement in the latter 2.

Lastly I started to think my ejaculatory anhedonia was psychological (and still could be), because I was taking my good supplement regime for years, unlike normal people who don't take anything and still orgasm, and I was still seeing no improvement. But since these last 2 months of taking NAC & Sarcosine and the significant improvements in my motivation and anhedonia, and finding that OPs post and having similar experiences (with food), as well both suffering from OCD & ejaculatory anhedonia also (and he cured his), and all the other connections I've just found in the past few days, I think we may be onto a possible cure via inexpensive supplementation.

Lets hope so!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 02:16:21 AM by muffslayer »

muffslayer

Lol I just found an old thread I created 2 years ago on here, where I was near to the case of this:

Post 4, 5, & 6:

http://ejaculatoryanhedonia.com/index.php/topic,1980.msg6098.html

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/73159-signs-and-symptoms-of-low-nmda-activity-n-methyl-d-aspartate/

NMDA can also enhance GABA release and releases pregnenolone and IGF-1; which can have pro-anabolic effects altogether, AND, NMDA acts as a major gonadotropic signaler, where it can massively increase testosterone and other sex hormones.

This is interesting. I remember years ago on another popular health site, that a guy started a thread on Ejaculatory Anhedonia. It became a huge mega thread, and he was finally able to cure himself by taking GABA (didn't work for me though).

What is also interesting about the above passage is it enhances the release of pregnenolone. I remember when I took pregnenolone, I would ejaculate very fast, and my penis head did become more sensitive and pleasurable. I thought pregnenolone could have been the key for me at one point, but I couldn't take it anymore because it worsened my peyronies disease.

But from the above passage, it's saying NDMA enhances GABA, pregenolone, and testosterone as well as other sex hormones. So NMDA seems like an all rounder for influencing sexual function it sounds like.

https://area1255.blogspot.com/2015/01/how-to-upregulate-nmda-receptors-and.html

Treatment of OCD; Obsessive-Compulsive-Disorder (!) (!)
Treatment of Schizophrenia, and psychotic symptoms induced by low glutamate levels(!) (!).
Regulating dopamine, and potentiating hypothalamic activity - helping to treat infertility, low libido and sexual dysfunctions in both men and women(!)  (!) (!).
Increased fear-learning and long-term consolidation of fear-memory, including fear extinction ; thus adapting to fears and learning to face them better, and more naturally (!) (!).
Decreased anxiety and incidences of depression in some individuals.
Less paranoia, and increased sociability due to increased oxytocin by the glutamate NMDA-channel opening and subsequent interactions between calcium channels and nitric oxide.
Increased vasodilation and workout performance, enhanced nitric oxide levels.(!) (!)
Alleviation of long-term memory issues and active memory disruption.(!) (!)
Restoration of ejaculation process in men(!).

If you go on the site, you can click on the (!) which will link you to the study.

Just so you understand the connection. Profrontal is the formula of NAC & Sarcosine to support NMDA receptor function.

You can find more about it here:
https://profrontal.com

Profrontal is composed of two natural components in precise combination to support NMDA Receptor function and facilitate results*

NMDA Receptor actions are complex and essential to memory, personality, and higher cognitive function.

Studies have demonstrated that blocking the NMDA Receptor has a negative impact on personality characteristics and cognition including emotional range, initiative, motivation, attention and memory.

Sarcosine: A Glycine Transporter Type I inhibitor, Sarcosine enhances Glycine availability to activate NMDA Receptors.

N-Acetyl Cysteine: Enhances cellular Glutathione, promoting NMDA Receptor function.
Defends against Free Radicals and Oxidative Stress

muffslayer

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/8d1e/c12182c708a18ba433b47073a34011c2ed50.pdf

Results: Male subjects with OCD had a lower age of first masturbation and first nocturnal ejaculation. Infrequency problem among female and male patients with OCD occurred in 63.6% and 57.1%, respectively. Corresponding figures for PD patients were 36% and 38%. Thus, infrequency problem was more frequent among OCD patients. Sexual avoidance was found in 60.6% of female OCD patients and in 64% of female PD patients. Anorgasmia was detected in 24.2% of the female subjects with OCD.

I can say I started masturbating very young before I could even ejaculate, 5 years old, and use to do it daily and would have dry orgasms all the way up through my childhood to adulthood.

Also I remember younger incidents of OCD, like brushing my teeth for half an hour and pulling out my eye lashes.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/24750573.2018.1472907

Trichotillomania (TTM) is a disorder characterized by repetitive hair pulling resulting in hair loss and it is usually difficult to treat with a chronic course of illness. Currently, the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are the most frequently prescribed drugs for adults with TTM. Various studies and case reports give mixed results. Therefore, the treatment effectiveness of SSRIs remains uncertain. There is a growing interest regarding the use of glutamatergic agents in obsessive compulsive disorder and obsessive compulsive spectrum disorder. Here, we report an 18-year-old female patient with TTM, which successfully treated with glutamate modulator n-acetylcysteine.

Above is a case where a girl was cured from her trichotillomania with NAC

There's even a testimony on youtube of a girl who suffers from it and explaining how NAC helped her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zPXDDNxbdU

A Turkish study compared the level of sexual satisfaction in OCD and generalized anxiety disorder and found higher incidence of anorgasmia, sexual arousal disorder and sexual avoidance in the OCD group (Aksaray & Yelken 2000).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11354932

Abstract
This study assessed the effect of obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) on sexual function. Twenty-three outpatients who met Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV; American Psychiatric Association, 1994) diagnostic criteria for OCD were obtained from consecutive cases recruited to Osmangazi University Department of Psychiatry and were compared to a group of 26 generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) female outpatients. Psychiatric, psychological, and sexual information was obtained with the Maudlsey Obsessional-Compulsive Inventory (Hodgson & Rachman, 1977), the State-Trait Anxiety Inventory (Spielberger, Gorsuch, & Lushere, 1970), and the Golombok Rust Inventory of Sexual Satisfaction (Rust & Golombok, 1986). We found that the women with OCD were more sexually nonsensual, avoidant, and anorgasmic than the women with GAD. These data suggest that OCD may be a risk factor for sexual problems in women.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4423164/

Results
Four clinical trials and five case reports/series were identified. Study durations were commonly 12-weeks, using 2,400–3,000 mg/day of NAC. Overall, NAC demonstrates activity in reducing the severity of symptoms, with a good tolerability profile and minimal adverse effects. Currently there are three ongoing randomized controlled trials using NAC for OCD (two adults and one pediatric), and one for excoriation.

Conclusion
Encouraging results have been demonstrated from the few pilot studies that have been conducted. These results are detailed, in addition to a discussion of future potential research.

So we have the OP from longecity who cured his OCD and restored his orgasm after 4 years of ejaculatory anhedonia from NAC in 2 months.

NAC helps people with trichotillomania and OCD.

In one case NAC completely cured one girl of trichotillomania (posted above).

Anorgasmia was found in 51.2% in Women with OCD in one study, and 24.2% in another study.

NAC (& Sarcosine) has been helping me with general anhedonia, enjoying some foods like they taste like they're the bomb (and others I don't like, put down/throw away, whereas before I would have still finished it, and motivation. Only supplements to do this, even after years of taking a well rounded supplement regime.

We've got plenty of connections here.

People should share if they suffer from OCD type symptoms, like needing to check the door is locked a few times before leaving the house, or worrying you've left something on, or needing things to be in a particular way or routine.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 04:56:06 AM by muffslayer »

muffslayer

Okay the experiment starts today.

I forget a couple of months a go I bought a mini scale for measuring powder off Amazon, so it will be accurate dosing and not just half a teaspoon or teaspoon.

First of all here is my current daily stack I've built over time and has helped me with my general health. As you can see it's mostly covering my essential vitamins/minerals, but each has helped me in improving certain problems/general health except anhedonia, motivation, or ejaculatory anhedonia.

*2 x Vitamin E* (Healthy Origins - E400)
*1 x 5000 I.U. Vitamin D* (Natures Aid)
*1 x 1g Vitamin C* (Any brand is fine as long as it’s ascorbic acid)
*1 x Vitamin A (3,300 I.U.) + Vitamin D (400 I.U.)* (Holland & Barrett)
*1 x Vitamin K2 (5mg MK4)* (Carlson)
*1 x 25mg Zinc Citrate* (Higher Nature)
*1 x 30mg Pycnogenol* (Natures Aid)
*1 x Ginger* (Natures Aid or Higher Nature)
*1 x B-Complex* (Higher Nature - B-Vital)
*1 x Gingko Biloba* (Higher Nature)
*1 x Sea Buckthorn Oil* (Natures Aid)
*1 small cap or 1/2 a big cap of Ionic Magnesium* (Good State)

Now I am going to start high with NAC, and this morning (40 mins ago), I measured out 5g of NAC powder and drank it.
I'm going to keep my Sarcosine at 500mg to avoid the possibility of increased irritation.
If I can tolerate 5g of NAC without problems I'll continue this. If not I've slowly decrease it.

So my experimental daily stack additions for now is:

5000mg of NAC
500mg of Sarcosine

Note I take all my supplements in one go in the morning.

I'm going to leave buying histidine for now, and see what results this stack produces after 3 months.

I'll keep people updated of what results I experience if any. As for now, I have to try and stick to it daily for 90 days.

So Tuesday 13th August is Day 1.

muffslayer

Look what I just found googling NAC Histamine.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2409763
Histamine secretion induced by N-acetyl cysteine.

The mucolytic drug N-acetyl cysteine has been shown to release histamine from cultured mouse mast cells and from human basophils. At neutral pH the release was moderate and non-cytotoxic. If the acidity of the drug was not neutralized, this histamine release was markedly potentiated, but was then associated with a reduction in the viability of the cells. However, the high level of release could not be reproduced by simply exposing the cells to an acidic medium. The results are discussed in terms of a possible mechanism for the adverse reactions sometimes observed during N-acetyl cysteine therapy.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1725675
Effects of N-acetylcysteine on histamine release by sodium fluoride and compound 48/80 from isolated rat mast cells.

N-acetylcysteine (NAC) enhances the release of histamine induced by the fluoride-calcium system but not by compound 48/80. After preincubation of the cells for 2 h at room temperature (RT) as well as at 37 degrees C, NAC was found to enhance histamine release also when induced by compound 48/80. Both fluoride treatment and prolonged incubation at 37 degrees C (but not at RT) for 2 h decreased the ATP content of the cells. NAC was found to counteract the fall in ATP caused by prolonged incubation of the cells at 37 degrees C but not when induced by exposure to sodium fluoride. The results do not favor the concept that free radicals generated by fluoride treatment are responsible for the subsequent sensitivity of the cells to the secretory action of calcium. On the other hand, it cannot be excluded that free radicals generated during prolonged incubation of the cells at 37 degrees C might be involved in the decrease of the sensitivity of the cells to the secretory action of the fluoride-calcium system and of compound 48/80. This is supported by the finding that the presence of NAC not only activated the secretory response but also counteracted the decrease of the cellular ATP content noted following preincubation of the cells for 2 h at 37 degrees C.

Don't forget that study about histamine curing mice of Tourettes like tics and brain histamine being linked to a variety of conditions:

https://news.yale.edu/2017/06/05/tourette-tics-vanish-mice-treated-histamine
Tourette-like tics vanish in mice treated with histamine | YaleNews
5 Jun 2017 - Histamine's role in immunological reactions such as allergies has been intensively studied, but in recent years the neurotransmitter histamine in the brain has been linked to a variety of conditions, such as Parkinson's, multiple sclerosis, autism and obsessive compulsive disorder, as well as Tourette syndrome.

Don't forget the guy cured his OCD and ejaculatory anhedonia in 2.3 months of 2400mg of NAC.

Don't forget the guy who couldn't orgasm on prozac unless he takes 1x 500mg of l-histidine 30 minutes before sex.

And now we know NAC enhances the release of Histamine secretion.

muffslayer

Look at one of the things I mentioned just in case in my thread 2 years ago:

http://ejaculatoryanhedonia.com/index.php/topic,1980.msg6098.html
I forgot to mention, a couple of days earlier, I did take 2 Night Nurse, and an anti histamine to help me sleep and unblock my nose, just in case that had anything to do with my orgasm.

Did I get histamine rebound that caused me a very low quality orgasm/pleasure?

Also here's some other tidbits from that thread:

DXM use and intense orgasms?

SWIM is a female that occasionally enjoys recreational use of DXM. After awhile it became apparent to SWIM that a couple of days after dosing SWIM could achieve the most spectacular orgasms of her life, sometimes multiple.

DXM is an NMDA antagonist. NMDA antagonists have been scientifically shown to be able to reverse tolerance, have antiaddictive effects, and even to prevent the development of tolerance when administered with other drugs. It also increases the concentration of Dopamine in the brain by blocking PCP-2 receptors.

I thought there might be a connection there, as FOS has been proven to increase "levels of BDNF & NMDA receptor subunits in the hippocampus" in rats. But then after googling "antagonist", it means inhibit. So DXM inhibit NMDA, so the opposite of what the fiber does.

However she does say "after awhile it became apparent to SWIM that a couple of days after dosing". So this might make sense, as the brain tries to rebalance itself out from the suppression of NMDA, by producing more NMDA or more NMDA receptors or something.

Remember I'm no expert, just trying to make connections.

But I think our problem is all related to NMDA and low Histamine in the brain.

And don't forget Histamine in the brain has been linked to a variety of conditions, such as Parkinson's, multiple sclerosis, autism and obsessive compulsive disorder, as well as Tourette syndrome.

So buzzwords people need to be researching in combinations are:

1. OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), Parkinsons, Tourettes, Trichotillomania, Parkinsons, Multiple Sclerosis, Bipolar, Depression, Anhedonia, Schizophrenia
2. NDMA, Histamine, NAC (N-acetylcysteine), Histidine
3. Anorgasmia, Orgasm, Ejaculation, Ejaculatory, Sexual, Sexual Dysfunction, Libido

muffslayer

Just an update, it's been an 1h15m since I took 5g of NAC. Just went for a poo and had some diarrhea and could smell that NAC smell. However I can't say it was bad diarrhea, as I was constipated from eating some really spicy chicken wings and oreos yesterday.

Also I can feel I have absorbed my supplements (& NAC), because my brain has woken up more.

I usually have 2 poos in the morning when my eating routine is normal. One first thing, one a couple of hours later. So I'm hoping as long as I take all my supplements + 5g NAC in the morning, it'll come out with the second poop.

Lastly, this wasn't a painful or burning poop/diarrhea, unlike what you get with Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) if you take too much. It was more like an addition to my normal poop.

Anyway we'll see over the days, but it wasn't a big deal. Just an observation, and maybe a warning that if people want to try as high doses as I'm doing, start your experiment on a day off where you have access to your toilet, rather than when you have to journey to work.

Also don't forget I may tolerate higher doses better than other people, as I've been on a very good supplementation stack I've grown over the years for myself. So if your not taking extra vitamin c, e, d, a, k, etc... and minerals like zinc or liquid magnesium like I am, you tolerance might be lower.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 04:26:35 AM by muffslayer »

muffslayer

Don't forget this tidbit from my other thread 2 years ago:

NMDA can also enhance GABA release and releases pregnenolone and IGF-1; which can have pro-anabolic effects altogether, AND, NMDA acts as a major gonadotropic signaler, where it can massively increase testosterone and other sex hormones.

This is interesting. I remember years ago on another popular health site, that a guy started a thread on Ejaculatory Anhedonia. It became a huge mega thread, and he was finally able to cure himself by taking GABA (didn't work for me though).

What is also interesting about the above passage is it enhances the release of pregnenolone. I remember when I took pregnenolone, I would ejaculate very fast, and my penis head did become more sensitive and pleasurable. I thought pregnenolone could have been the key for me at one point, but I couldn't take it anymore because it worsened my peyronies disease.

But from the above passage, it's saying NDMA enhances GABA, pregenolone, and testosterone as well as other sex hormones. So NMDA seems like an all rounder for influencing sexual function it sounds like.

I think I was referring to the hisandher thread where the guy cured himself with GABA.

muffslayer

Updated Buzzwords people should be researching in combinations:

1. OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), Parkinsons, Tourettes, Trichotillomania, Parkinsons, Multiple Sclerosis, Bipolar, Depression, Anhedonia, Schizophrenia
2. NDMA, Histamine, NAC (N-acetylcysteine), Histidine, GABA, DXM
3. Anorgasmia, Orgasm, Ejaculation, Ejaculatory, Sexual, Sexual Dysfunction, Libido

muffslayer

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2211550

Reversal of fluoxetine-induced anorgasmia by cyproheptadine in two patients.

Abstract
The authors report two cases of ejaculatory dysfunction induced by fluoxetine. Cyproheptadine, an antihistaminic and antiserotonergic drug, restored sexual function in each case. Possible mechanisms of fluoxetine-induced anorgasmia are presented and treatment options are reviewed.

I don't know how the antihistaminic and antiserotonergic drug reversed their anorgasmia. The point is, it is a drug that effects histamine levels, and cured 2 patients anorgasmia.

Just trying to find connections.

Okay according to this: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4816679/

Cyproheptadine, an anti-histamine known to increase brain serotonin levels, has been studied to treat DO related to SSRI use (5, 43, 44).

The number (44) is reference to that study, but I don't know how to get the full text.

But even though the abstract is saying antiserotonergic. The person referring to that study (and 2 other studies) is saying it increases the brain serotonin levels.

So maybe rebound effects, body trying to make more of what is being suppressed.

Like I said I'm not an expert. But biggest point here is an anti-histamine cured anorgasmia in 2 patients, i.e. related to histamine in the brain.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 04:49:04 AM by muffslayer »

muffslayer

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25502486

As-needed use of cyproheptadine for treatment of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor-related female anorgasmia.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8919332
Successful treatment of citalopram-induced anorgasmia by cyproheptadine.

This is the first report of the use of cyproheptadine to treat anorgasmia induced by citalopram, a highly selective serotonine reuptake inhibitor (SSRI). Total anorgasmia of a 47 year-old man who suffered from severe unipolar major depression was successfully treated without adverse effects. This case strengthens the impression that anorgasmia associated with SSRIs is related primarily to the serotonine reuptake inhibition and not to various receptor bindings of different compounds.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8665544
Cyproheptadine treatment of sexual dysfunction induced by serotonin reuptake inhibitors.

Treatment of serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SRIs) is associated with sexual dysfunction. The cause of this dysfunction is unclear but may be related to stimulation of the serotonergic system. In the present article, we describe seven patients in whom iatrogenic sexual dysfunction induced by SRIs was treated with cyproheptadine, a 5HT-2 antagonist with antihistaminergic and adrenolytic properties. Seven obsessive-compulsive male patients, aged 29-54 years, who developed sexual dysfunction following treatment with SRIs (fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, and clomipramine) were instructed to take cyproheptadine (4-12 mg) 1-2 h before commencing sexual activity. Five of the seven patients displayed improvement in sexual function, although the improvement was transitory in two. The two remaining patients did not respond. All patients exhibited sedation on the day following cyproheptadine administration. Our preliminary observation suggests that some patients with sexual dysfunction associated with SRI treatment, mainly decreased libido and anorgasmia, may benefit from cyproheptadine administration. The role of 5HT-2 antagonists in SRI-induced sexual dysfunction merits further investigation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7952994
Successful treatment of fluvoxamine-induced anorgasmia by cyproheptadine.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1592848
Fluoxetine-induced yawning and anorgasmia reversed by cyproheptadine treatment.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1920732
Reversing anorgasmia associated with serotonin uptake inhibitors.

MeSH terms, Substances
Clomipramine/adverse effects
Cyproheptadine/therapeutic use*

Reversal of antidepressant activity of fluoxetine by cyproheptadine in three patients.

Three male patients are described in whom anorgasmia developed during treatment with fluoxetine for depression. During attempts to treat the anorgasmia with cyproheptadine, all three patients suffered a relapse of depressive symptoms. The possible mechanism of this effect is discussed in relation to serotonergic systems.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2880654
Cyproheptadine and drug-induced anorgasmia.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3771824
Cyproheptadine for imipramine-induced anorgasmia.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3697592
Cyproheptadine and antidepressant-induced anorgasmia.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4039897
Reversal of MAOI-induced anorgasmia with cyproheptadine.

There's loads of studies, many from late 1980's on this anti-histmaine cyproheptadine helping reverse anorgasmia.

I'm assuming the anti-histamine is not available as much or has been replaced by newer ones.

But cyproheptadine is a new keyword! Google it in combinations with other keywords and see if we can find anything!

Updated keywords people should be researching in combinations:

2. NDMA, Histamine, NAC (N-acetylcysteine), Histidine, GABA, DXM, Cyproheptadine

« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 05:07:08 AM by muffslayer »

muffslayer

Just found a very detailed anorgasmia presentation made in 2018:
https://grandroundsinurology.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/2018-9-12-SDU-Innovations-Male-Anorgasmia-From-No-To-Go-FINAL-Pastuszak.pdf

Here are all the pharmacology possbile treatments that have been listed:

Cabergoline
Bupropion
Oxytocin
Cyproheptadine
Buspirone
Pseudoephedrine
Ephedrine
Midodrine
Yohimbine
Amantadine
Apomorphine
Bethanechol
Loratadine
Reboxitine

Updated Keywords to search in Combination:

2. NDMA, Histamine, NAC (N-acetylcysteine), Histidine, GABA, Sarcosine
3. DXM, Cyproheptadine, Cabergoline, Bupropion, Oxytocin, Buspirone, Pseudoephedrine, Ephedrine, Midodrine, Yohimbine, Amantadine, Apomorphine, Bethanechol, Loratadine, Reboxitine
4. Anorgasmia, Orgasm, Ejaculation, Ejaculatory, Sexual, Sexual Dysfunction, Libido

Now I know this keyword list is getting bigger and bigger and a lot of people have tried some of these. But the main thing you want to find connections with, is if any of them have effects on NDMA, Histamine, and  OCD. I believe these are the main factors to do with ejaculatory anhednoia.

Remember I'm on day 1 of my 5g of NAC. Lots of energy it seems lol.

But what this all comes down to if you want to get down to the possible cure/solution.

Try and take 2400mg (or more) of NAC a day for 3 months and report back here on any improvement with ejaculatory anhedonia and any other observations you see (whatever they may be, like anhedonia, aniexty, happiness, motivation, food tasting better, lessening of addictions etc..).
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 05:29:45 AM by muffslayer »

muffslayer

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/heal-your-brain/201810/nac-the-amino-acid-turns-psychiatry-its-head
The intriguing thing about NAC to me is that it’s of great interest to neuroscience researchers. There have been many studies of this compound, including neuroimaging studies, and it has been investigated in innumerable disorders—depression, bipolar disorder, OCD, PTSD, schizophrenia, addiction, eating disorders, Alzheimer’s disease, and addiction (Berk). NAC also has established medical uses as an anti-inflammatory medicine in cases of acetaminophen overdose in preventing liver failure. Clinical trials have been promising in many (but not all) disorders where it has been studied (Berk). Clearly, there’s a need for more research studies, both more clinical trials in different disorders, and more basic research to see how NAC works in the brain.

Why does NAC help many people with psychiatric diagnoses? Why does it work across so many conditions? This is the intriguing thing, in my eyes. Are its benefits a result of its anti-inflammatory effects?  Or some other mechanism? On a clinical level, in day-to-day work with patients, NAC seems to help with ruminations, with difficult-to-control extreme negative self-thoughts. Such thoughts are common in depression and anxiety disorders, and also in eating disorders, schizophrenia, OCD, etc. etc. I’ve seen it help patients with such disorders when many other things, medicines or psychotherapies, have not helped much.

Just putting it out there, as the title of my thread might make people think it doesn't apply to them. But NAC has be proven to show benefits in a whole range of mental conditions, not just OCD. So it seems like it really does something in your brain that helps it reduce and even cure certain mental conditions.

As an update. I've reduced my dosage to 3000mg. Other than me being on top of the freaking world yesterday, blaring music in my car, driving for fun and not just work, on a life high (took 5g of NAC). Also my poops did stink of NAC too. The main reason I lowered it, is because filling up my little measuring scale overfloweth, and I think 3g would be an effective dose (is still 6 times as much as what I use to take), and the powder will last a month.

Also I masturbated yesterday, and I feel like I felt some build up of pleasure, but it was too subtle to tell.

Really I need to be taking these high doses while not jacking off or having sex for 3 months, and then bust a nut.

Things I will say I noticed from yesterday:
1. I've started holding my breath as I get toward the end of masturbating. I remember doing this when I was younger trying to get that orgasm, but I haven't done that for the last 17 years. So it's an odd phenomenon that has reappeared all of a sudden.

2. I was lasting freaking long. Like I'm no premature ejaculator, I think most of my supplements allow me to last a good amount of time these days, I don't suffer from PE. But this was sort of like a delayed ejaculation or inability to actually come (something I suffered in the past as well), but wasn't. It was more like, I just needed to do more than the usual rubbing to bust one out. I wonder if this is something to do with build up of orgasm, and my bodies restoring the initial stages again?

3. Erections were harder.

4. My dick is RED. I nearly forget this one. But my dick definitely seemed more red than usual. Like a hot flush red.

5. Memories are coming back. Not like super clear vivid memories. But like just realizing, oh yeah I remember when I was younger I use to pull my eye lashes out, oh yeah I remember when I was younger and masturbating I use to hold my breath toward the end to try and orgasm. Otherwise before I totally forget I did any of these things.

Lastly I hope this is the cure. There have been some great things happening to me. We're actually moving in a direction where there have been changes to myself. However I have yet to experience a decent restoration of sexual pleasure and orgasm, but I'll keep you guys updated.

Day 2: 3g NAC
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 05:23:31 AM by muffslayer »

muffslayer

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0924933815311597

Complete Remission of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder After N-acetylcystein Treatment

Introduction
N-acetylcystein (NAC), a precursor to the amino acid cysteine, has been emerging as an interesting add-on treatment in several psychiatric conditions and especially in Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). These results may be linked to its metabolic profile: antioxidant properties through glutathione production; anti-inflammatory properties; and modulation of the glutamatergic and dopaminergic systems of neurotransmission.

Objectives
Review the potential therapeutic effects of NAC in psychiatry, with main focus on syndromes of the obsessive-impulsive spectrum with report of a clinical case.

Methods
Case report of a patient with OCD and Hoarding disorder, with complete clinical remission after treatment with NAC; bibliographic search using PubMed/MedLine database with the following keywords: n-acetylcysteine; OCD; hoarding.

Results
We report and discuss the case of a 44-year-old man with a diagnosis of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder with orderliness and contamination themes, coupled with Hoarding disorder. The patient experienced gradual though slight improvement with Paroxetine (60 mg/day) to which was subsequently added Risperidone (2 mg/day) with further slight improvement. In combination with the previously given pharmacological agents, NAC (1800 mg/day) was introduced with subsequent complete remission of all symptoms.

Conclusions
Studies suggest that NAC may be useful in the treatment of several psychiatric conditions. Our case report suggests direct relation between treatment with NAC and remission of obsessive and hoarding symptoms. Although encouraging, additional controlled research will be required to ascertain NAC clinical usefulness.

muffslayer

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9466376
Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is briefly characterized, and several of the hypothesized neuroanatomical and neurochemical substrates of this etiologically heterogeneous syndrome are noted. Importantly, alterations in the CNS balance of monoaminergic neurotransmitter systems are probably involved in the pathobiology of OCD. Inasmuch as calcium (Ca) concentration regulates neuronal neurotransmitter release, presynaptic Ca deficiencies can disrupt normal neurotransmission. Supporting this, a case report is presented of a subject with intermittent OCD and comorbid cardiac pathology for whose latter condition a regimen of increasing doses of a Ca channel blocker (CCB) greatly exacerbated the OCD. Upon reducing, then discontinuing the CCB dose, the OCD sympomatology was greatly ameliorated. It is suggested that minimal use of CCBs is indicated for OCD subjects and that, if possible, they be substituted with other drugs. In view of the widespread use of CCBs, this cerebral Ca deficiency hypothesis of OCD etiopathogenesis should be further tested by seeking other OCD subjects, especially from cardiology practices.

salt= sodium-> 5-6g of salt is enough for RDA-> 4g~ of potassium total, most likely you don't get enough from food, at least I take 4g, since RDA is prolly too low, 400mg of magnesium/1g of calcium daily
I always throw salt into the water and try to avoid intake from other sources during a day
take 3g of supplemental potassium
and calcium/magnesium is quite easy to get anyway- poppy seeds and cocoa are 2 good examples of foods where u can get em

how long did it take to cure your ocd?
2-3 months
pure compulsions tho
what do you mean?
hand washing
mainly
hardcore, till bleeding
lol
are you completely cured of your OCD?
or just heavily reduced?
completely

potassium chloride XR

talking to some guy who had really bad ocd, cured it via mineral intake, pasting stuff here
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 05:55:19 PM by muffslayer »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk