Author Topic: Partial or temporary cures  (Read 307 times)

starburst

Partial or temporary cures
« on: July 05, 2020, 09:32:47 PM »
Since full cures are not common, it might be helpful for us to share any partial improvements.
We can then extract any commonalities and potential treatments from these partial/temporary cures.

What is the highest pleasure you have attained since you started to have sexual anhedonia (on a scale of 1-10)? And what do you think might have contributed to the temporary improvement?

starburst

Re: Partial or temporary cures
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 09:34:23 PM »
For me, I had 2 normal orgasms (both in the same month) since I got this condition. One was a 7 and the other was an 8, where an 8 is what I would consider a normal orgasm. However, since then (5 years), I have only had two level-3 orgasms.
Interesting thing is that, in both of these normal experiences minimal tactile stimulation was involved. Instead, I was absorbed in intense fantasy, and didn't begin light genital stimulation until I reached a certain arousal threshold. It seems that the pudendal nerve and other peripheral nerves are not sending the right signals that the brain is expecting and I have to bypass that neural path. This also means that I probably still have a latent ability to have an orgasm (an MRI confirmed that there is no abnormality in the brain), but that something is blocking it. But maybe if I can manage to reach a certain arousal level, a normal orgasm would occur.

Would like to hear from others.