Author Topic: Greetings to everyone just discovered these forums  (Read 10666 times)

PrometheanFlame

Greetings to everyone just discovered these forums
« on: October 08, 2014, 02:22:47 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm 25 years old, and I've suffered from EA for the past 3 years. I've just discovered this website yesterday, and have been reading all the threads. I don't know if I will ever cure myself. But it's getting to the point that it has driven me insane and on the verge of tears.

I'm currently experimenting with exercises and also with different herbal supplements. I recently purchased Methyl B12, some royal jelly, and also some mucuna pruriens. I've started doing some kegels, and squats too. I'm probably going to experiment with a variety of things untill I figure this thing out. If I ever find anything, I'll come back here and post my discoveries.

A little about this thing. Unlike some people on this forum. for the past 3years, I have had no desire for sex of any kind. It's almost like my libido has completely disappeared. I can still get rock hard erections, and I can still ejaculate, but there is no pleasure in anything that I do. I'm not on any kind of medication, neither have I been diagnosed with any kind of mental disorder. Back when this first started, I went through a lot of stress, but I came out of it stronger. The only problem is that this issue never resolved itself. I've been to doctors, and I was told it is psychological. But that is BS, it is not. I've checked my thyroid and Test, and they seemed to be at normal level. I haven't checked my prolactin yet, but I might do so soon.

I have been told that if find the girl that I love, then this will be cured. But how can I find a girl, if I have no desire to go out and seek girls. Back when i was 20, my life was based around chasing women. And now, I am living like monk, with no desire to do anything of that kind. this is a circular problem.

I'm really scared that this problem may never go, and I end up like this for the rest of my life. This is a living hell. And no one can understand the sadness of this unless they go through it. Everytime i remember this issue, I feel concerned, and it bothers me greatly. what makes it worse is that no one takes this problem seriously. And there are no experts on it.

Anyway, its nice to meet all of you. Hopefully by working together we can come up with some sort of solution to this.

needhelpage31

Re: Greetings to everyone just discovered these forums
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 06:29:47 AM »
Thanks for your post. I'm glad you found us here. If nothing else, we can relate to the feelings you described. Like you, I sometimes and overwhelmed with a wave of despair because of this problem. Hopefully you can find improvement. Please participate in our conversations here.

You said you had a period of stress back when your problem began. Do you think the stress preceded the problem? Could it have caused it?

I began having EA back when I started a business (in my early 20's) and I would wake up feeling sick with stress and worry. I have wondered if the stress chemicals may have somehow messed me up way back then.

That's why your comment about stress got my attention.

PrometheanFlame

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 07:13:28 AM »
Thank you for the support. Yeah ever since finding this forum I have a little more hope.

Well to be honest so much was happening at the time that this all started. For me it was very gradual. Though I wrote that I think it's not a psychological issue, I've been wondering whether it possibly can be. Especially when I see members like robin describe curing themselves with love and weed. I'm wondering whether mind altering substances can be used to aid healing.

At the time that this started, like you I started a business, it was also a period of grieving. At the time I was in love with a girl, and it just didnt work out between me and her. One last thing, I was hit with a very bad flu/cold back then, sometimes I wonder whether that virus messed me up. Perhaps it was due to all those things happening around me that I fell into a very deep depression at the time, or maybe the depression is the effect, the cause being biological factors. But since then I've recovered from that, and I'm actually very happy with my life. It's strange for me, I've lost my libido completely. I can still mainting erections and ejaculate, but I have no incentive to seek those things out. Before this, seeing some thigh would set me ablaze with desire, now it's just not there. It's almost like I look at everything from a completely biological perspective. Perhaps even a little disdain for humanity.

But I miss being in love, I miss being tortured by my own lust that I force myself to talk to girls. I miss orgasms. So Now I've got hold of some Royal Jelly, Methyl B12, Mucuna Pruriens and other herbs and supplements. I'm thinking I'm probably going to start meditating and contemplating on issues of sexuality and love, see if there are any blocks in my mind. Perhaps my situation is similar to Robin's.

rainbowdashie

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 08:16:48 AM »
Ejaculatory Anhedonia is a symptom. There are multiple, distinct, underlying causes. For some, it may be physical. For others, it may be psychological. It might even be a bit of both for some.

We already have a good impression that SSRIs can be responsible for EA, however many of us (me included) have never taken any kind of medication. Furthermore, some noticed improvements with royal jelly, et. al., although others did not. Some have libido, some doesn't. This is a pretty clear indication we are dealing with a class of conditions that all shares similar symptoms, but are completely different in cause and cures.

Many causes may appear to be physical, however it may be entirely psychological. Take a look at the placebo effect. If you haven't suffered any damage to your penis or surrounding areas, then I highly suspect it has psychological basis. If you could not ejaculate, have troubles feeling *anything*, have odd sperm, that is physical. Not having pleasure from ejaculation, and not having libido IMO is mainly (if not entirely) psychological.

PrometheanFlame

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 10:53:34 AM »
The reason it's so elusive, is because more than often, one's psychological problems may manifest and have physical effects. I'm very very confused as to why this is happening to some of us.

I really do wonder though, if a psychological cause can be so powerful that it suppresses the male libido, I always assumed that nothing could stop it.

I never took any SSRI's, though I wallowed in the most miserable depresion for several months when this hit. I'm one day in with royal jelly, haven't noticed anything yet. It really doesnt taste nice at all. I thought it was going to taste like manuka. And it's got this ferocious burn on the back of the throat.

If you could not ejaculate, have troubles feeling *anything*, have odd sperm, that is physical. Not having pleasure from ejaculation, and not having libido IMO is mainly (if not entirely) psychological.

Then it seems there is a strong suggestion that i should look into the psychological reasons for why this is happening. Because no pleasure, and no libido are my symptoms. After doing blood work on my thyroid and test, I've sort of giving up on finding a cure through what we have currently available in medicine. Looks like I need to do more research.

Has anyone truly been cured of this? I mean not for a week or for a month. I mean cured years? When I search through the cure section of the forum, I haven't found anyone that's been permanently cured.

EDIT: Just discovered another possible physical cause: Varicocele. How many guys on this forum suffer from varicocele?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 05:43:03 PM by PrometheanFlame »

needhelpage31

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 05:32:55 PM »
A urologist told me several years ago that I have a varicocele. But he said there wasn't a need to do anything about it.

I think my testicles are smaller than they used to be and I think it might be caused by this. But I don't truly know.

PrometheanFlame

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 04:27:39 AM »
I only recently noticed my left testicle is a little smaller and I have varicocele. I'm wondering if it could be a major cause to this problem.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2013625/How-form-varicose-veins-make-men-depressed-infertile.html

I know it's the daily mail, so always take it with a grain of salt. But it seems like some of these symptoms co-incide with what I'm reading about on this forum. Depression, libido and fertility problems.

Are there any other members who have had any problems with their testicles?

gdop

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 09:43:38 AM »
It's normal to have diferent sized testicles, as is normal to women to have diferent size breasts...

PrometheanFlame

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 01:03:41 PM »
To my knowledge it was never this small before. I think it's testicular atrophy. I'm not sure how connected this is with anhedonia, and whether varicocele have any connection with this condition. But I really do wonder how many other members of this forum also suffer from this?

xduskyx99

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 09:56:24 PM »
Thanks for sharing your story, people with our condition suffer in silence because the mainstream medical community is mostly not even aware of our existence. Could you go into more detail regarding how your condition manifests itself? Do you feel any pleasure at all during buildup?

As for me, I have a strong libido but I've never experience any buildup or orgasm or sexual pleasure whatsoever. Have you tried abstaining from all masturbation/sex for a long period of time? That's the next step I have left in my arsenal of potential cures, I hope to abstain long enough to induce an orgasm through a wet dream. I've never had a wet dream in my life.

The most frustrating thing about this condition is not knowing the cause, whether it be physical or psychological.

PrometheanFlame

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 05:26:29 AM »
Hi xduskyx99,

I dont feel any pleasure during build up nor during any stage of arousal. This condition started slowly, sex and masturbation became less pleasureable to me, and my libido just slowly withered away. So my libido is nearly gone.

I have abstained from sex and masturbation for very long periods. Not because it was a concsious abstaining, but rather it was because for a certain period, i forgot to masturbate or even think about sex. It just never entered my mind. In my past this would have been impossible. As I used to be always horny, and my libido was through the roof. Even having sexual thoughts used to be extremely pleasureable.

shadowking

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 07:09:40 AM »
You say "but there is no pleasure in anything that I do."

Then say " But since then I've recovered from that (depression) , and I'm actually very happy with my life" ???

no pleasure in anything is anhedonia / depression.

PrometheanFlame

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 07:47:52 AM »
You say "but there is no pleasure in anything that I do."

Then say " But since then I've recovered from that (depression) , and I'm actually very happy with my life" ???

no pleasure in anything is anhedonia / depression.

"but there is no pleasure in anything that I do (Sexually)."

shadowking

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2014, 07:30:26 PM »
What about nocturnal erections now and before this ? Do you get any spontaneous erections , semi-erect or any  movement at all ? (Not manually induced).

Also there have been reports here associating certain diets : vegetarian / vegan / very low carb with possible EA onset or flareups. It would be helpful to know your current diet , height, weight.

There are a number of posts also showing disturbed sleep pattern of many members. Have you noted any changes there ?

PrometheanFlame

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2014, 04:02:58 AM »
My erections haven't changed that much to my knowledge. I wake up nearly every morning with a semi, and sometimes rockhard. I also get spontaneous erections every now and again. I can still ejaculate, but it becomes very difficult to do, when you can't get turned on.

When all of this started, I was eating a normal omnivorous diet, and was sufffering from IBS because of it. But I was still suffering from EA even whilst on it. These days I'm eating mostly a pescatarian diet. I do eat animal products on special occasions, but very rarely. I was actually trying to cure my EA by experimenting with diets. But I serendipitously found that by eating more fresh fruits and vegetables and by decreasing my fat intake I didnt get IBS any longer. There was also a psychological improvement too, as my sleeping pattern improved and my mood was also improved.

I doubt diet has much to do with my EA situation tbh. Because recently I tested for that possibility. Tried eating many high cholesterol and high fat foods, as well as taking cod liver fish oil. And there wasn't any difference in libido.

My situation is a little weird. It's almost like i lost my sexuality, and yet physically i am still capable of performing. I used to lie there fantasizing about women, just imagining their bodies, and that would be so pleasureable and fun. These days I don't feel that. Could this possibly be linked to the dopamine theory that others have spoken about.